HOW WE SERVE THE COMMUNITY
Making Strides For Autism, Inc. (MS4A) offers programs and services to families, people with autism, Veterans, and the community. Through our programs and services we provide opportunities for integration in all aspects of life and support throughout the autism journey.
- Online Services
- Community Resource Directory
- Community Event Calendar
- Community Autism Help Desk - (Coming Spring 2018 - Being developed by the University of North Florida Computing Senior Project's Team Now Loading and Mentor Intuitive Reason. The program helps blend data science and technology design to inform and solve important social problems in Northeast Florida. Florida Data Science for Social Good.)
- Friends With Autism Resource Magazine
- Mobile Sensory Break Room Rental and Loaner Sensory Bags
- Available for Businesses, Entertainment and Sports Venues, Community Events and Festivals
- Women Veterans Assistance with Their Children on the Spectrum through Northeast Florida Women Veterans
MS4A offers a range of periodic workshops, training, inclusion outings, consultation services and educational materials designed especially for families, people on the spectrum, and the community. Our workshops and services are provided in our office, various library branch locations, and off-site at business locations through our partnerships with various businesses and agencies.
- Friends With Autism Initiative: Autism-Friendly Business Consulting and Online Training (Coming Spring 2019)
- Volunteer Opportunities for College and University Students on the Spectrum to gain experience in:
- Nonprofit Administration / General Office
- Marketing and Graphic Arts
- Friends With Autism Magazine - Editing, Advertising, Journalism
Families and people on the spectrum are entitled to equal access and the opportunities afforded to all members of the society. MS4A partners with the community to enhance the resources and services provided to those we serve through community outreach collaborations.